Here is a summary of recent changes for DWScript, available in the SVN version:
- faster: compilation is now about 30% faster in situations like that benchmark, thanks to a few bug fixes (typechecks were performed multiple times) and a couple tokenizer enhancements.
- smaller: reduced memory usage for compiled scripts (about 15% in the infamous benchmark, which translates in an execution speedup of around 5% once a few hundred lines are involved).
- safer: fixed an old issue with object reference cycles, which weren’t covered by the reference counting and thus could be leaked.
- basic support for “for..in”, at the moment limited to the case of enumerations (for <element> in <enumeration>).
- fixed compile error source locations for some issues, plus various minor fixes and enhancements.