DWS compiler and execution engine are reaching very nice maturity levels, meaning they can be used to compile & execute code interactively, for instance to edit a web page, which mixes HTML, CSS, server-side dynamic Object Pascal content generation and client-side Object-Pascal scripted content.
25 kB 23 kB.
- faster download: faster application installation or startup.
- faster parsing for the browser: faster startup.
And smaller also means you can have far more complex applications for a given size budget.
- Working with controls, the boxing model
- Using the TW3HttpRequest object
- Add a new form to my application
- Create and use a timer object
- Rotate a control by X degrees
- Plot pixels on a off-screen bitmap
You may also want to read Primoz Gabrijelcic’s article “First Steps with Smart Mobile Studio“.
For a first look I’ll reuse a Mandelbrot benchmark, based on this code Mandelbrot Set in HTML 5 Canvas. What it tests are double-precision floating-point basic operations (add, sub, mult) in a tight loop, there is relatively little in the way of memory accesses (or shouldn’t be, to be more accurate).