Amongst the samples included with Delphi, you can find a “Meteors” clone. With SmartMobileStudio approaching the next beta milestone, I gave it a run at compiling old Delphi code, VCL, TCanvas-based, that was never intended to run Web-side… but now does! Click here or the image below to test it!
DWS compiler and execution engine are reaching very nice maturity levels, meaning they can be used to compile & execute code interactively, for instance to edit a web page, which mixes HTML, CSS, server-side dynamic Object Pascal content generation and client-side Object-Pascal scripted content.
25 kB 23 kB.
- faster download: faster application installation or startup.
- faster parsing for the browser: faster startup.
And smaller also means you can have far more complex applications for a given size budget.
- Working with controls, the boxing model
- Using the TW3HttpRequest object
- Add a new form to my application
- Create and use a timer object
- Rotate a control by X degrees
- Plot pixels on a off-screen bitmap
You may also want to read Primoz Gabrijelcic’s article “First Steps with Smart Mobile Studio“.