I’ve closed the mini-pool, below are the results, obtained after 500 respondents, as well as some other stats not obviously evident from the poll results (as it was a multi-choice poll).*
They’re of course only relevant as the measurement to the audience of this site.
500 respondents doesn’t seem much, but the percentages didn’t budge significantly after the first hundred votes were in.
Which Pascal environments do you use for WORK?
- Delphi 7 or older (classic IDE) (18%, 171 Votes)
- Delphi 2007 (modern IDE, pre-Unicode String) (10%, 100 Votes)
- Delphi 2009 to XE (Unicode String age) (14%, 134 Votes)
- Delphi XE2 (64bit age, iOS through FreePascal) (14%, 133 Votes)
- Delphi XE3 - XE4 (the orphaned versions) (14%, 139 Votes)
- Delphi XE5 (bleeding edge) (8%, 76 Votes)
- FreePascal / Lazarus (10%, 92 Votes)
- Oxygene (3%, 33 Votes)
- Smart Mobile Studio (2%, 22 Votes)
- Elevate Web Builder (2%, 15 Votes)
- DWScript (2%, 24 Votes)
- RemObjects Pascal Script (2%, 16 Votes)
- Pax Compiler (1%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 500
Here are a few more results in terms of respondents (taking into account the multi-choices):
- 49% are still using a pre-Unicode Delphi at work – which I find quite high
- 9% are using a Pascal scripting engine at work – which I find quite low 😉
- 30% use a non-Delphi Pascal environment at work – which is higher than I anticipated
- 4% don’t use a Delphi version at work
And now the top 10 countries respondents are from. This figures are obviously going to be skewed towards English-reading countries, as this website is written in some variant English.
Thanks for participating!