- combined property/fields declaration is now supported (same syntax as Oxygene)
- dynamic arrays now support a Remove method, which has the same syntax as IndexOf, and can be used to remove elements by value
- for var xxx in array syntax is now supported, which combines a local, type-inferenced variable declaration and a for … in loop.
- unit test coverage is now at 97% for the compiler, 91% for the whole of DWScript
- various obscure bugs found and fixed
Script engine News
- script engine transition from stack-based to closure-based has begun, besides internal changes, the visible impact should be improved performance for objects, records, static arrays, var and const params has been improved
- full transition to closure-based engine (and support for anonymous methods and lambdas in the script engine) is pushed back to 2.4
Also as way of a teaser, here is a screenshot related to something brewing in the lab… it’s from a Delphi XE app running the Mandelbrot benchmark (timings are for several runs), and the “DWScript” in that screenshot is the script engine.
Note that since this screenshot was taken, performance has improved, and the pony has learned new tricks 🙂