OP4JS Alpha aka SmartMobileStudio is in the wild
We’ve now sent “Smart Mobile Studio” Alpha version to 50 testers.
Did you miss the beta invite?
Visit www.SmartMobileStudio.com to participate.
My first test app with the alpha was a clock, check it in your iOS or Android Browser or in the Android market. Source is included in the alpha. Will be beautified it later on 🙂
I’ve been playing on another one, head over to YouTube to see a small video, you can also get the apk (47 kB), but beware it’s basic, ugly, and definitely early alpha, but it’s coded in Pascal!
Below is a snippet of the source code (using DWS inline implementations for illustration and compactness purposes, most of OP4JS is written in the more classic interface/implementation style), it’s a snip of the root class of the mini-engine of the game (yes, virtual methods are supported):
type TEntity = class X, Y : Float; function Progress : Boolean; virtual; begin // does nothing by default end; constructor Create(aX, aY : Float); begin X := aX; Y := aY; end; function Dist2(entity : TEntity) : Float; begin Result := Sqr(X-entity.X)+Sqr(Y-entity.Y); end; end;
Other recent changes to the DWScript SVN
- Added sample/simple IndyWebServer demo, implements basic “pascal server pages” and demonstrates how to use DWS in a multi-threaded environment. Makes use of RTTI Environment class to expose WebRequest & WebResponse. Expect more details in a future post.
- TTerminatorThread has been replaced by TGuardianThread, which can “guard” multiple executions
- Dotted unit names are now supported
- Random no longer uses the Delphi RTL but XorShift
- unit name symbols are now included in the Symbol Dictionary
- include references are now included in the Symbol Dictionary
- TdwsSuggestions can now optionally suggest reserved words (begin, procedure, etc.)
- fixes for Inc() & Dec() when operating on references with side-effects.
- improved several error messages related to parameter passing.
- other misc. fixes and optimizations, more unit tests.