A while ago I asked about the name of TObject ancestor , well, it’s now live in the SVN and its name is ‘Object‘.
Object is thus the new root class, above TObject. Eventually, it’ll be the ancestor for every other type.
- methods are resolved through prototype (they can be resolved either statically or via a VMT for TObject)
- field and method names are not obfuscated
- no smart-linking or de-virtualization can occur
- they are globally scoped in JS
- marking methods as “virtual” is an error (they are dynamic, which is a bit like being implicitly “virtual” and “overridden”)
- visibility isn’t supported (on the JS-side)
- ClassType, ClassName, etc. don’t exist